Vacation Day 3 & 4

Sunday was nice. It was cold and there were actually some very light snow flakes falling. The coolest part was that I actually got to get up with my family and help get everyone ready to head to church. Due to my schedule and job, I don't ever get to experience the Sunday morning thing at our home. We left around 9:50 am to go to Bethel, Ohio and attend the Bethel Church of Christ. My father-in-law Jon Gee is an elder there. It is the church that my wife spent a lot of her growing up years attending and the church where we had our wedding. Recently they hired Dan Achsie to be their pastor. Dan actually was the guy that Loveland had agreed to call in 2002 before hiring me. It was great to worship with the church at Bethel and to hear Dan preach. It was a very nice experience. Following worship we gathered at the Gee's for some of Grandpa's yummy Cincinnati style chili. It was a big hit. Our visit also included watching the Bengals through the first half of their game.
Once we returned home, Jen had kids choir practice and I finished watching the Bengals figure out a new way to avoid a win (they tied) and hung out with the kids. The rest of the evening was a typical Sunday evening with Jen's piano lessons and the kids Screen time and popcorn then off to bed. At 9:45 or so, Brian Hock came over to play an 18 hole skins game on PS2. WOW, we were equally matched all the way. It was a fight to the finish and... well, if you want to know, ask one of us.
Monday morning began day 4. I took the kids (Caleb and Savannah) to school and then came home. Jen then took Megan (our dog) up for her $400 + operation at the Vet. Once she returned home Jen and I worked on different projects around the house until she had to leave to take Lauren to the Doctor. She has this terrible cough and noise in her lungs. He gave her an antibiotic and an inhaler. FUN STUFF!! Lauren was able to go to school. Today was special, because not only am I on vacation, but Jennifer and Brian (across the street) both had today off, so we all 4 went to a nice lunch out. It was so good. We decided to dine at Claddagh Irish Pub. I had the most amazing French Onion soup and Monti Cristo Sandwich. WOWZERS. I highly recommend eating there. The rest of the day continued with projects around the house, picking up kids, playing with kids, bath time, screen time and bed time.
OH FORGOT SOMETHING REALLY COOL ABOUT TODAY...


It snowed almost all day. Not the kind that adds up on the ground, but the kind that is so pretty falling through the sky. I think this is going to be an amazing winter for snow lovers like me!!!! Today was a vacation gift from God!

Vacations are good, even when you are home. Thanks for taking time to follow along.
God is good...all the time & All the time...God is good!

B. OUT!!