football and turkey

Today was the first LCC Turkey Tag Football game and to make it extra special, it was a FREEZER BOWL! The solid frozen tundra known as the back field at church was the football field. Thanks to Randy Preston and Keith Wrassmann for getting the field measured out, the rules set and the teams put together. We had 11 guys show up. My team consisted of Me (duh), Keith Wrassmann, Randy Preston, Brian Isaacs & Mike Gambill. The other team was Steve Nance, his neighbor Dave, Mike Woollard, Brian Hock, Churck Middlekamp & Larry Charles. I am happy to announce not only did our team win like 9 touchdowns to 5 touchdowns but I actually intercepted the final throw of the game and ran it back for a touchdown. Whooo hoooo! All that Madden playing on PS2 finally paid off. It was cold, damp and early, but it was a load of fun. I am already looking forward to NEXT YEAR! Oh, did I mention, I can't move any of my sore and swollen muscles.?! Expect I will be preaching from a chair on the stage!
This evening was the LCC Thanksgiving Dinner at Loveland High School. What a great crowd and amazing food. It is estimated that there were about 230 people tonight! Thanks to everyone who had any part in helping to make this evening a huge success. Thanks also to Skip Hardwick who went home to be with Jesus earlier this year yet donated a gift to fund this dinner. We love and miss you Skip. Enjoy the pics below...