VIEW BEYOND THE PEW



"I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity and God gave me brawn and brain to work.

I asked for courage and God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for patience and God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.

I asked for love and God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted. I received everything I needed."


I was asked to place that poem which I read on Sunday on this blog, so there you go! I also included the "endless fascination" picture. Hope you take time to just "rest" and "listen" some this week.

What a great Sunday at LCC. What a great conclusion to a really relevant and powerful series of messages. Church, make sure that you are wearing the clothes that God has called you to dress with - Colossians 3:12!

Just some things I noticed on Sunday...

  • The praise choir sounded great, love it when they help lead!!
  • The band is really something special (even with a broken bass drum)
  • The songs really set up the sermon perfectly (GO GOD)!
  • A lot of interaction during the message, thanks to everyone willing to share your struggle with patience.
  • More laughter than any Sunday I can recently remember.
  • Nice attendance considering it was a holiday weekend.
  • Offering was down below budget once again.
  • A sort-of Revival feel after sharing about the 3 baptisms from last Wednesday night.
  • Lots of tears and prayer!
  • Great testimony by Colleen Fantini following third service.
  • NO MORE ROOM in the foyer!!
  • New first time faces and new returning faces
  • Kurt's Care team was ON! Way to go!!

This Sunday already promises to be "over-the-top". Here are just a few reasons: a new series begins (watch this blog or the church website for details), trusting and praying that the baptismal waters to be stirring once again, the holiday weekend will be a thing of the past so we should be packed in like sardines, new faces will be lead here by God, familiar faces will return and most importantly, CHRIST WILL BE IN THIS PLACE! See you on Sunday at LCC!

B. Out!!