I am Back

To Dan Carter and the other folks who read my blog, I am sorry. I never intended to stay away so long, but it is what it is.

It began with the windstorm Ike that tore through our area and left my neighborhood in the dark for some 120+hours. Once we recovered from that, it was catch up time for the week we lost. Then the Richard family stomach virus took hold off and on for another week. Finally, this week we seem to be back to some sense of normality.

I will simply "forget what is behind and press on to what is ahead..."

This whole day was totally amazing. I started two new Discipleship Bible Studies for men. One meets at the Fields Ertel Cracker Barrel at 6 am and then another one at Kidd Coffee at Twenty Mile Stand at 10:30. Same study, two different groups of men. IT ROCKED! I am really excited about what God is going to do through each of these men. Leadership? Biblical Growth? Restoration? Commitment? Only God knows and I can't wait to discover it over the next weeks and months. We studied John 1:1-4. WOW! Powerful stuff. Do you know that Jesus was with God from the beginning? Did you know that Jesus was God. Did you realize that Jesus was speaking the worlds into existence in Genesis? Do you realize that Jesus is THE WORD! That Word is the light of men and true Life! We also discovered that each of us will someday be judged by God, but according to the standard of THAT WORD!

Tonight was my weekly D-group. Man, our small group (LOL) has really swelled into a middle sized group. We had a house full tonight. I think we run between 20-25 now. I know, I know, that is not right. We need to split. Actually, we all know that and "feel" that. It is cool how God is going to make that happen so easily right before our eyes. Anyway, our group experienced a EARLY ACTS CHURCH MOMENT tonight. Three individual from our group (all 3 having gone through a discipleship and baptism study) humbled themselves and was immersed into Christ tonight. We left our study at my house, picked up kids at childcare, went into the worship center, was joined by our Student Ministry (who happened to be in the building) and experienced spiritual death and new life! It was sweet. When all was said and done there must have been 50 people in the worship center. We raised the roof in celebration, it was awesome. Revival? maybe? The Church through the power of the Spirit, OH YEAH!

Congrats to Colleen Fantini, Gene Hatmaker and Larry Charles! The angels in heaven are still rejoicing!
Who is next? I know many folks have studied and just simply need to walk in faith and "take the plunge". Comment, e-mail, facebook, myspace, call me, stop by the office, ANYTHING!!!

We then gathered in the foyer for a good ole fashion afterglow complete with snacks, hugs and fellowship. It simply rocked. God must be pleased!

I LOVE MY D GROUP! I LOVE MY CHURCH! I LOVE MY LORD! I LOVE BEING A PASTOR! I LOVE BLOGGING ONCE AGAIN!

B. OUT!!
Brian